Brushing Teeth for Kids
It’s never too early to start focusing on the importance of brushing teeth for kids. While some parents don’t make it a priority at an early age because kids’ teeth aren’t permanent, the earlier you can focus on brushing teeth for kids, the sooner it will become a long-term habit.
Tips to encourage brushing:
- You can start brushing teeth for kids as soon as the first tooth arrives.
- Use age appropriate tooth brush
- Infant toothbrushes are gentle and make brushing teeth for kids easy and painless. (They also come in kid-friendly designs, colors, and shapes.)
- Use a fluoride toothpaste twice a day to start building the habit of brushing teeth for kids.
- Let your kids watch you and other family members brush their teeth. This will reinforce the importance of brushing teeth for kids.
- Usually when a child is able to tie their shoes the can brush their teeth unassisted.
- If your child has a problems brushing in circles, you may want to consider an electric toothbrush.